The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of the leading nonprofit developers of mixed-income housing in the United States. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. We realize our mission by developing, financing and operating high-quality housing and implementing neighborhood self-help initiatives to drive economic opportunity for our residents. Since 1964, we have constructed or preserved over 320 affordable and mixed-income housing developments and secured over $2.5 billion in project financing from public and private sources. Today, we own or manage more than 10,000 apartments in 14 states and Washington, D.C. We are headquartered in Boston with regional hubs in Chicago and Washington..
The Project Manager leads the day-to-day progression of all aspects of the development process, including leasing, design, entitlements, financing, and construction while delivering quality projects on schedule and within budget.
Must demonstrate an ability to delegate effectively and set appropriate deadlines, while maintaining rapport with internal and external resources. Must accurately identify and communicate risks in advance and recommend strategies to avoid, rather than react. Must demonstrate creative problem solving, resourcefulness, tenacity, and the ability to negotiate and persuade effectively.
- Create and maintain financial models, projections, and schedules
- Project initiation (site analysis & selection, financial feasibility, schedule & budget, & securing political support)
- Project determination (financial structure, funding commitments, cost estimates, establishment of project pro forma, due diligence)
- Prepare RFQ/RFP responses. Show the ability to thoroughly convey TCB’s ideas to potential clients
- Secure Public approvals, including zoning
- Work with Finance staff to secure equity, debt and public resources. Take lead in representing organization with local and state funding sources
- Project design (architect selection & management, plans & specs, set-up of requisition system)
- Lead the structuring, assembly, review of funding applications and managing the closing
- Coordinate design/entitlement/permitting process with project team members
- Track & report project issues
- Communicate with Property Management department of requirements met and Human Services planning is continuous throughout the project
- Process and track development expenses with accounting staff
- Attend on-site meetings, public and community meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong financial and analytical skills required, with a passion for real estate development
- Handle multiple projects through the consistent completion of tasks with established deadlines
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and must possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
Education & Experience:
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience with affordable housing strongly preferred
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience and skills in the following:
- Residential real estate development
- Development team management
- Transaction structuring
- Public/private financing
- Developing budgets
- Regulatory issues related to development work
The Community Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.