Assistant Property Manager
The Community Builders, Inc., a nationally recognized developer and manager of affordable housing is seeking an enthusiastic, career minded, self-motivated individual to fill a full-time Assistant Property Manager position. Section 8 program experience preferred. This position reports directly to the site property manager.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist Property Manager with day-to-day operations. As well as collaborate with site team and residents to create and strengthen a healthy community, and facilitate on-site communication.
- Supervise site staff in the absence of the Property Manager
- Assist with the preparation of Tenant Certifications and assist with the leasing process from initial application to move-in while following all fair housing and local landlord and tenant laws and regulations.
- Assists in sending out and receiving third party verifications, including follow up with employers, etc.
- Review coding of invoices on weekly basis, maintaining resident accounts receivable ledgers, posting rents and deposits as needed in a timely and accurate manner
- On a monthly basis, assists with collection of rent and other income, makes bank deposits, forwards receipts to central office.
- Responds to customer service requests and ensures timely and satisfactory completion.
- Ability to work well with special needs populations
- Relate professionally with vendors, residents, and co-workers
- Communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Flexible to change work plans
- Maintain a professional personal appearance
- Previous background in Property Management a plus
- Assume leadership and take initiative in the absence of the manager
The candidate must be proficient in written and verbal skills, Microsoft Word/Excel, and have a strong attention to detail. Should have experience in affordable housing specifically the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program and experience with Lease Ups.
The candidate must be able to work independently and as a member of the site team, take direction from a supervisor, and understand and commit to the Mission. Previous experience is preferred, but not required.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.