Assistant Property Manager - New Bedford, MA
The Community Builders, Inc. is the largest nonprofit urban housing developer in the United States. Our mission is to build strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their fullest potential. We do this by developing, financing, and operating high quality affordable mixed-income housing, by coordinating access to support services, and by planning and implementing other community and economic initiatives critical to the communities we serve. Every employee who works for The Community Builders understands what it means to make a significant difference in the lives of others. Due to anticipated growth and ongoing needs, we are searching for an Assistant Property Manager to join our team.
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for the day to day interactions and interfacing with residents. The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for collaborating with site team and residents to create and strengthen a healthy community, and facilitate on-site communication.
- Prepare Tenant Certifications and assist with the leasing process from initial application to move-in while following all fair housing and local landlord and tenant laws and regulations
- Assists in sending out and receiving third party verifications, including follow up with employers, etc.
- Entering/coding invoices on weekly basis, maintaining resident accounts receivable ledgers, posting rents and deposits as needed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with general files and maintenance of files for the property
- On a monthly basis, assists with collection of rent and other income, makes bank deposits, forwards receipts to central office
- Maintains office hours as directed by the Property Manager
- Responds to customer service requests and ensures timely and satisfactory completion
- Other duties as assigned by the Property Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in written and verbal skills, Microsoft Word/Excel
- Must have a strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, handle a variety of tasks and be self-directed
- Maintain a professional personal appearance
- Ability to work well with special needs populations
- Relate professionally with vendors, residents, and co-workers
- Communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Flexible to change work plans
- Ability to assume leadership and take initiative in the absence of the manager
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of the site team
Education & Experience:
- Should have experience in affordable housing, specifically the Low Income Housing Tax
- Credit program and experience with Lease Ups
- Previous experience is preferred, but not required
Interested candidates are asked to send a Cover Letter/Resume to: DButler@tcbinc.org
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.