Building Facilities Manager – Boston, MA
The Community Builders, Inc. is the largest nonprofit urban housing developer in the United States. Our mission is to build strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their fullest potential. We do this by developing, financing, and operating high quality affordable mixed-income housing, by coordinating access to support services, and by planning and implementing other community and economic initiatives critical to the communities we serve. Every employee who works for The Community Builders understands what it means to make a significant difference in the lives of others. Due to anticipated growth and ongoing needs, we are searching for a Building Facilities Manager to join our team.
The Building Facilities Manager will be based in the Boston corporate office and will have responsibility of working jointly with the Building Manager to organize, direct and coordinate an efficient maintenance department.
- Responsible for sensitivity in dealing with office building tenants. In a timely manner, dispatch and complete all service requests, under the direction of the Manager
- To be responsible, along with the Manager, for the appearance of the property, the condition and safety of all mechanical rooms, storage and maintenance areas
- Be responsible and care of for all company owned machinery and equipment assigned to the property
- To be safety minded and knowledgeable of OSHA
- To be cost conscious in requisitioning, stocking and inventorying of supplies and materials to minimize waste and theft
- To work with the Manager to develop and maintain a good personal and company image such as appearance and demeanor
- Responsible for handling completion of all minor repairs, replacement repair and handling of larger repairs in a timely manner. Repairs such as carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and electrical
- Daily inspection of the property to insure that all is in order and the Manager is aware of any maintenance problems
- Responsible for checking and completion of service requests in a timely manner
- Be knowledgeable of supplies, materials and vendors to render assistance to the Manager in matters of purchasing
- Responsible for key control
- Responsible for inventory control
- Supervise outside contractors or vendors as directed by the Manager
- Be available for 24‑hour emergency and scheduled "on‑call" as directed by Manager
- Cleaning and painting, as well as repairs, may be required. Supervision of vendors, if one is hired
- Care and upkeep of grounds, including trash, leaves and snow removal. Sidewalks and steps should be kept clear of trash, leaves, snow, and ice, if as necessary
- To insure the implementation of routine and preventive maintenance for all of the buildings' mechanical systems
- Responsible to maintain the lighting of the property to include resetting of times consistent with "daylight and dark" hours
- Responsible for maintaining reports and logs relative to warranty dates and serial numbers, A/C filter changes, preventative maintenance, as well as maintenance of hand tools, equipment supplies, etc.
- Assist Manager in establishing priorities for all maintenance functions whether accomplished in‑house or by outside contractors and vendors
- To assist Manager with property inspections
- Clean up any dirt or debris in the building created in performance of specific assignment
- Assist in heavy cleaning of all common areas including vacuuming and shampooing of all carpeting, washing of floors, cleaning stairways and utility rooms, replacement of light bulbs, cleaning glass, etc., as schedule permits
- The Manager may request that the supervisor negotiate and supervise regular and special contracts, i.e., garbage removal, exterminating, etc.
- Preparation of incident reports and reporting to the Manager any problems or issues relating to management of property
- Completing of payroll/timesheet information on a weekly basis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools
- Must be computer proficient
- Must possess neat and orderly work habits
- Possesses adequate knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and heating standard practices
- Professional demeanor and solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle emergency and pressure sensitive situations due to complexity and time sensitivity when resolving problems
Education & Experience:
A combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related building or property maintenance supervisory work experience.
Interested candidates are asked to send a Cover Letter/Resume to: MCarmona@tcbinc.org
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.