The Community Builders, Inc., a nationally recognized developer and manager of affordable housing is seeking an enthusiastic, career minded, self-motivated individual to fill a full-time Assistant Property Manager position. Section 8 program experience preferred. This position reports directly to the site property manager.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Regularly conduct inspections for annual inspections, apartment turnovers, etc… including site, building and unit. Identify maintenance issues and schedule work needed as a result of those inspections
- Assure ongoing preparation for annual HUD REAC, Investor and other lender inspectors
- Effectively manage and schedule the dispatching, checking and completion of service requests, work orders, turnovers, preventative maintenance items and special projects, in a timely manner and sensitive to residents
- Safety minded and knowledgeable of OSHA regulations and environmental hazards
- Manage all aspects of inventory including stocking, and inventorying of supplies and materials to minimize waste and loss
- Available for 24‑hour emergencies
- Review completed work orders. Record comments and make notations of any damage charges then turn work orders into office for billing and collections
- Must have strong written and verbal English
- Must have strong computer skills including but not limited to excel, word, and other comparable computer programs
- Must demonstrate a minimum of six years advanced experience in hands on plumbing, heating, HVAC, carpentry, and electrical repairs
- Experience in training, budget development and managing expenses; bid and managing vendors, service and general building contractors are assets but not essential skills
- Experience supervising other employees
o Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.