Oakwood Shores - Chicago, IL
Professional Level: Permanent
Organization: The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB)
The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is a mission-driven 501(c)(3) organization focused on building and sustaining strong communities. TCB has been planning, developing, and operating affordable and mixed income housing communities for over 40 years. With a current budget of $40 million and a staff of over 400 and experience developing and operating properties with a value of over $2 billion, it is the nation’s largest non-profit urban residential developer and operator. Our Ways & Means approach offers membership in a rich community life and invites interested adults and youth residents to create or participate in a wide variety of activities and opportunities to build a strong community and achieve their aspirations.
For more general information, please visit www.tcbinc.org.
Department: Property Management, Oakwood Shores
Reporting to: Director of Property Management/Director of Operations
Primary Function: The Oakwood Shores Marketing Manager’s will prepare and implement marketing plans for the leasing activity for the Oakwood Shores community as a whole with focus on new construction projects. This individual will provide assistance to the Community Resource Specialist assigned to the project under development in lease up.
The Marketing Manager will have accountability for directly generating revenue. This successful candidate will have direct marketing experience and be able to identify, present and influence high level decision makers. Candidate must proactively face challenges while being committed to providing exceptional customer service. The capacity for directing others while under pressure and maintain a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings. Strategic planning abilities, handling multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines and demonstrating good judgment and decision-making skills are essential.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Greet potential residents for the community
- Develop a strategy and marketing plan, and execute all micro –market lead generation activities
- Design, create and execute lead generation activity that supports the leasing goals for the new development
- Maintains the occupancy standard as set forth by the Executive Director
- Work with Manager to identify target market and meet Affirmative Fair Marketing Plan requirements
- Organize and execute neighborhood/business canvassing
- Develop and execute contact strategy that includes consistent communication with potential residents.
- Schedule appointments and assists with guiding potential residents within the community.
- Post/update website ads daily, weekly, monthly and as agreed upon with the Director of Property Management
- Network and build relationships with Home Inspectors, Community Development Organizations, Realtors, local businesses and competitors for lead generation
- Coordinate, review and order all collateral materials, i.e., brochures, mailers and weekly ad schedule.
- Maintain Marketing Binder to comply with all AFHMP requirements.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in all open house events. Assist the development team and senior staff to plan, coordinate and participate in major opening events of TCB in Chicago area.
- Initiate and coordinate direct marketing campaigns
- Make follow up phone calls, send letters, email and other communications, as required, to all potential residents and candidate for Oakwood Shores housing.
- Additional responsibilities as designated
Qualifications: Knowledge & Skills Required:
The successful candidate will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in marketing
- Have a minimum 2 years marketing/sales experience
- Have a minimum 1 year experience in multi-family environment
- Knowledgeable of Housing program preferred, but not required i.e., Section 8, LIHTC, PRAC 202, etc
- Superb organizational skills time management and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with site team members and members of the community at large.
- Possess conflict resolution skills.
- Upbeat attitude and ability to inspire others being cultural competent and responsive.
- Computer skills, with a proficiency in MS Office, Excel and other database experience.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
- Have the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.