Operations Analyst – Boston, MA
The Community Builders, Inc. is the largest nonprofit urban housing developer in the United States. Our mission is to build strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their fullest potential. We do this by developing, financing, and operating high quality affordable mixed-income housing, by coordinating access to support services, and by planning and implementing other community and economic initiatives critical to the communities we serve. Every employee who works for The Community Builders understands what it means to make a significant difference in the lives of others. Due to anticipated growth and ongoing needs, we are searching for an Operations Analyst to join our team.
The Operations Analyst is responsible for performing the quantitative analysis required for the budgeting and financial planning for The Community Builders managed portfolio. You will analyze key performance measures in order to establish and monitor individual apartment communities and their overall performance.
- Utilizing your analytical skills by analyzing the annual budgets including advancing and maintaining relevant financial and operational matrixes, which will assist in the budgeting process and quarterly performance reviews
- Adding value by collaborating with site staff, regional director of operations, corporate staff and external investors regarding information used to formulate budgets or related financial analyses
- Researching internal and external data for analysis (Competition/Demographic/ Market/ Rents/etc.)
- Analyzing property data and real estate income and expense statements
- Being a team player by helping regional directors of operations evaluate property performance and the impact of certain key financial variables
- Communicating and resolving questions or problems with internal and external clients
- May perform administrative support functions, request forms, etc.
- Extensive research and report writing skills
- Assisting in the preparation and update of reports, presentations, analyses, and on-line systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills, in particular strong utilization of Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills and ability to discern trends based upon operating data
- Ability to convert technical data into an effective and understandable presentation
- Understanding of basic residential site operations in order to provide interpretation of data
- Basic accounting skills and ability to interpret financial statements
- Ability to work in team environment with Property Management staff, IT, Asset Management and Accounting
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated. Able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize work, meet tight deadlines, and adjust easily to shifting priorities
- Solid communications skills needed with an ability to listen to suggestions and problems, and respond proactively
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment—pitching in wherever needed to achieve Team objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to think critically and creative problem-solving
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, real estate or related field
- MBA Preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience, preferably in Real Estate
Interested candidates are asked to send a Cover Letter/Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.