The Community Builders, Inc. is the largest nonprofit urban housing developer in the United States. Our mission is to build strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their fullest potential. We do this by developing, financing, and operating high quality affordable mixed-income housing, by coordinating access to support services, and by planning and implementing other community and economic initiatives critical to the communities we serve. Every employee who works for The Community Builders understands what it means to make a significant difference in the lives of others. We are currently looking for Portfolio Managers to oversee 500+ units.
The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for all phases of operation in the assigned region and manage both the strategic and operational aspects of each property to best achieve the owners' goals and maintain their investment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of annual budgets.
- Reviewing and analyzing monthly financial statements.
- Ensuring site records are in compliance with company’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Supervision of rent collections and overall performance of properties in the portfolio.
- Preparation of rent increases.
- Oversight of marketing and advertising, compliance with the Affirmative Marketing Plan, maintenance of waitlists, processing of rental applications, interview prospective tenants, unit inspections, agency reporting, etc.
- Implementation and monitoring an effective maintenance and report program.
- Hiring, training and mentoring staff while offering continued employee development;
- Ensure effective customer service to our internal and external clients.
- The Community Builders is committed to ensuring diversity in its workforce and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidates will have strong leadership and people management skills. You should possess strong marketing skills, have a genuine service orientation and be able to work independently. Travel required. Solid communications skills needed with an ability to listen to suggestions and problems, and respond proactively. Must be able to prioritize and focus on the issues that matter most. Formal education/training or certification with an understanding of regulatory requirements particularly Tax Credit and HUD/PHA experience required. If you feel this description fits you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Community Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.