The Community Builders, Inc., a nationally recognized developer and manager of affordable housing is seeking an enthusiastic, career minded, self-motivated individual to fill a full-time Assistant Property Manager position. Section 8 program experience preferred. This position reports directly to the site property manager.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Hiring, orienting and supervising property staff
- Collaborating with site team and residents to create and maintain a thriving, successful community
- Ensuring compliance with the property’s financial performance goals and managing all accounting aspects (monthly operating reports, A/P, rent collection, banking, budgeting etc.)
- Maintaining all regulatory compliance requirements
- Effectively marketing the property to ensure a positive community image
- Managing the leasing process from initial application to move-in and ensuring resident requests are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner
- Being accountable for the overall condition of the property to ensure that it is maintained and in the best condition possible
- Knowledge of tax credits programs, HOPE VI programs, HUD regulations as well as other state and federal agencies
- Ability to speak multiple languages
- Previous background in Property Management
- 5+ years leadership ability in managing a team, preferably property management
- Must be a strong multi-tasker and have a genuine service orientation
- Be able to understand financial reports and budgets and be able to take action on budget variances found
- Solid communication skills needed with an ability to listen to suggestions and problems and respond proactively
- Must be able to prioritize and focus on the issues that matter the most
- Formal education/training or certification helpful, with an understanding of regulatory requirements a big plus
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.