Resident Services Coordinator
The Community Builders, Inc., a nationally recognized developer and manager of affordable housing is seeking an enthusiastic, career minded, self-motivated individual to fill a full-time Assistant Property Manager position. Section 8 program experience preferred. This position reports directly to the site property manager.
Reporting to the Site Property Manager, the Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day resident services of the assigned property (not necessarily limited to one location). This includes, but is not limited to; developing and managing strategic partnerships with service providers, supervise the day-to-day operation of programs (on designated sites), recruit and lead volunteers to assist in performing the duties and responsibilities of the position, and to maintain a superior level of resident and employee satisfaction. The Resident Services Coordinator will provide the training, suggested program strategies and monitor objectives of the programs in cooperation with the Property Manager. Staff assigned to a property should be familiar with specific HUD Resident Services responsibilities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Build relationships with residents
- Program Development
- Supports Property Management
- Seek to understand the types, frequency and other characteristics of services that residents use, need, and want, both directed at youth and seniors (depending on the needs of the property)
- Execute program schedule of daily events and activities in coordination with the Property Manager
- Measure resident’s satisfaction of community’s resources and capabilities through daily communication and periodic surveys
- Recruit residents to participate with programs through aggressive and creative marketing methods
- Provide management office with updated program schedules, registration packets and promotion materials
- Distribute relevant consumer materials from organizations such as State and area agencies, legal services offices or the services of programs (such as Medicare and Medicaid)
- Connect residents with educational, recreational programs and other sources throughout the city
- Help residents get involved in the community.
- Research cost-effective programs in the area that would be of interest to residents and provide fulfillment in their lives
- Effectively manage budget
- Require travel to training sessions, for off -site meetings or to work at other sites
- Conduct new resident orientation workshops/seminars
- Coordinate resident activities, i.e.” meet and greets” activities
- Entrepreneurial, creative with an interest in developing and growing programs to improve the quality of life for low-income residents
- Grant writing
- Effective communicator: able to engage a wide range of stakeholders in multiple ways: host meetings with professionals, community members and newsletters
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.