Resident Services Coordinator
COATESVILLE, PA—The Resident Services Coordinator will be responsible for engaging families and providing direct supportive services. Outreach to families will be in person (on-site or home visits), via letters, phone calls, and group meetings utilizing the combination of activities that is most effective in engaging the families.
- Engage families relative to individual/family life aspirations and project goals
- Provide direct services to residents to enhance life skills
- Provide case management relative to project goals including housing transitions, workforce-employment development or family support.
- Develop linkages and build working relationships with external partners, contractors, and service providers of an integrated delivery system relative to an annual site plan that includes housing, employment, education, and technology.
- Conduct, document and monitor progress of individual and family service strategies relative to project goals via an Individual Success Plan (ISP) through TCB’s STEPS Program
- Provide reports regarding individuals/families surveyed, assisted and referred for employment/workforce development, housing assistance, and educational/technical training, asset building/financial (budget) planning, youth & senior services and other direct services for submission as required by HACC and TCB.
- Represent TCB’s CSS team in public and community matters.
- Perform other duties related to project goals as directed by the Senior Property Manager
- Technical Knowledge: 5 years Case Management experience working with low-income individuals, especially public housing residents with substantive capacity in one or more of the following areas: workforce development and employment, housing readiness, youth development, asset building, education and training, family and individual counseling, domestic and substance abuse and grant writing.
- General Experience: 5 or more years of work experience in a private or non-profit corporation of public agency. Previous experience should evidence progressive responsibilities in case management and/or adult counseling.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but significant related experience will be considered.
- Communications: Candidates must possess excellent written and oral skills, strong community building skills, and good computer skills.
Position Classification: Exempt
- Discretion: Frequently deals with personal/confidential information
- Independence: Average degree of daily oversight needed
- Decision Making: Frequently applies own judgment to decision making
- Scope: Average significance/impact of decision making
- Skill: Requires extensive experience, advanced knowledge or degree
All applicants should submit a resume via e-mail to:
The Community Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.