The Property Manager has full responsibility for all aspects of the management of the site on a daily basis. S/he is responsible for ensuring that the standards and priorities of the owner and The Community Builders are met. The Property Manager is responsible for keeping the Portfolio Manager apprised of significant issues that arise in the normal course of events, either by telephone or during her/his regular site visit.
A. Administrative/Supervisory Tasks
1. Development of the initial draft operating budgets for the fiscal year.
2. Assure compliance with the budget.
a. Approving all orders for goods and services that are budgeted and within TCB levels of authority.
b. Preparation of purchase orders.
c. Preparation for approval by supervisor (and sponsor where necessary) of any purchase not included in budget.
d. Approving, coding and submitting to accounting department all invoices.
e. Examination of the monthly budget operating report and detailed general ledger to assure all bills paid and accurately entered and to determine compliance with budget.
f. Be able to orally and in writing respond to budget variances and provide plan for bringing into compliance.
g. Maintaining the petty cash fund.
h. Maintaining utility consumption information and seek means to conserve.
i. Prepare and submit on timely basis requests for reserve draw downs.
3. Supervision of Rent Collection
a. Examination of tenant status report to identify any rent arrearage.
b. Contacting tenant to correct arrearage.
c. Resolving with TCB accounting any confusion regarding rental payments.
d. Preparation and distribution of fourteen-day Notice To Quit for non-payment of rent when necessary.
e. Preparation of case for housing court in conjunction with TCB's lawyer when necessary.
f. Respond timely to TCB accounting regarding bank reconciliation items.
4. Participation in Preparation of Processing Rent Increase
a. Develop initial draft and preparation of necessary documents.
b. Notification to tenants, including any lease addenda required. Attend and participate in any tenant-required meetings.
c. Coordinate subsidy contract renewal when necessary.
5. Rental of Apartments
a. Preparation of vacancy notice including final inspection and billing for damages.
b. Maintenance of up-to-date wait list.
c. Compliance with affirmative marketing plan (advertising, recruitment, and agency reports).
d. Processing of rental applications. Includes interviewing prospective tenants, showing apartments, verifying income and assets, preparing leases, HUD/MHFA forms for certification. Also includes initial inspection and orientation.
e. Recertification of all tenants.
f. Maintaining all tenant files.
j. Preparation of HUD/MHFA and/or applicable state/federal agencies and other occupancy reports.
k. Prepare and coordinate any and all regulatory inspections making sure site is in compliance and meets the standards set by TCB and the regulatory agencies.
6. Supervision of Maintenance of the Property
a. Maintenance of work order system, including work order log. Follow-up on service requests where necessary.
b. Preparation and supervision of preventive maintenance schedules.
c. Regular inspection of the property and delegation of maintenance and janitorial tasks.
d. Annual inspection of apartments followed by notices to staff and tenants where necessary.
e. Soliciting bids for services and goods provided by outside contractors; this may be delegated to the Maintenance Superintendent.
f. Supervision of the Maintenance Superintendent and other site staff. Supervision of part-time janitorial staff may be delegated to the Superintendent.
g. Preparation of schedule of long-term and short-term physical needs of the property. Understand the physical plan for the property.
7. Maintaining Site Office
a. Maintaining on-site files, ensuring that they are compliance with TCB and regulatory standards.
b. General clerical and secretarial responsibilities include typing, filing, answering the telephone, ordering supplies and equipment, etc.
c. Submitting weekly time sheets for site staff.
d. Prepare monthly reports of operations for each site and forward to the Portfolio Manager for review and distribution to owners.
e. Prepare other reports as required by TCB.
f. Typing, copying, and distribution of notices, letters, and newsletters to tenants.
g. Supervise and direct any on-site administrative staff.
B. Resident Services
1. In conjunction with Community Initiatives, schedules tenant meetings to discuss building issues or problems.
2. Personal contact and follow-up as needed on issues involving violations of building rules or the occupancy agreement. Includes the responsibility of scheduling and holding conferences with family and/or outside agencies and court appearance, when necessary.
3. Personal contact and follow-up as needed on tenant complaints in an effort to minimize individual problems residents may have in their dealings with one another and integrating into the community.
4. Coordinate with resident associations and groups the provision of activities for the building; assessing needs and interest of residents; being knowledgeable about the activities and services available in the larger community.
5. Work closely with Community Initiatives to ensure needs of residents are met.
C. Owner Relations
1. Maintain contact with third-party owner (s) (if present) to ensure that they are properly informed of the operation of the site and feel confident that TCB is operating their site efficiently and in accordance with the ownership goal.
2. Attend ownership meetings as required and report on operations, incidents, etc.
3. Understand ownership goals and maximize potential of the asset.
D. Other duties that may arise and be assigned.
B.A. a minimum, ideally with a focus in management, public policy, urban planning or a related field
Additional skills that would be helpful, but not required:
Knowledge of HUD regulations as well as other federal agencies
Ability to speak multiple languages
Previous background in Property Management
The ideal cadidate for this position currently lives one Martha's Vineyard. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Community Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.